This interview covers the following themes:
- Cesar’s path into self-identifying with a gang in the early 1990s, despite his parents attempts to keep him isolated from gang culture.
- Drug use and drug smuggling among Cesar’s extended family.
- Life and smuggling in Three Points, Arizona and the rise of Cesar’s drug dealing career in the 1990s.
- Cesar’s gradual move away from drug use and sales in the early 2000s.
- Cross-generational drug use within families.
- Description of crack house life and the collapsing code of conduct within drug and gang communities.
- The culture of gangs and drug dealers: colors, dress, cars, socializing, generational tension.
- Connections between drug dealers on Tucson’s south side and drug buyers on the north side.
- Relationship between Mexican and American drug groups.
The interview was recorded at Cesar Aguirre’s house in Tucson, Arizona on August 16th, 2017.